Sunday, June 1, 2008

Zoo...eeback toast

Hi there,

Today my family and I, along with two others, ventured into the great unknown, full of tigers, lions, butterlies, and penquins. Yes, the St. Louis Zoo. It was hot. It was fun. And, after that my family ate at Cracker Barrel and picked up some front loading appliances, used, thank you Craigslist.com, and came home.

Kale loved it. I got such a kick seeing the wonder in his eyes when he would see something new. Who knew kids could be so entertaining.

Liz exclaimed, "wow, he's a loud kid!" That made me smile. I like that my kid is loud and outspoken. Right now it's cute 'cause it's baby talk, I'm sure I will take those words back in the future. I know those of you with kids are just laughing and thinking, "just wait, just wait."

A word on kids and personality...isn't it interesting? I mean, how God doles out the personalities? Two kids from the same parents couldn't be more different. I'm pretty sure Kale's going to be a type A personality. He's got to choleric parents so there's bound to be some stubborness there...and there is. Good thing is, I'm more stubborn right back!

Right now Kale is asleep upstairs, Shane is watching TV, and I am reflecting on the day and being happy that my little sprouts of vegetables have come up!!! We've got Spinach, Cucumbers, Kale, Tomatoes, Strawberries, Broccolli, Potatoes, Chives, and a few more to name. They are in jiffy start pods, and I promoted the 2 inchers outside to a box. I hope they do well overnight and drink in some eastern sun. I still feel like I haven't quite gotten the whole gardening thing under the belt yet.

More on how the pods progress...I transplanted about 15-20 pods outside tonight, will post more as they sprout....maybe tomorrow?

I have a Skin Ecology test tomorrow at school.

Bye now!

Love you all.

No comments: